Capturing the unique character and beauty of your home in luminous watercolor.
How the process works:
1. Please contact me if you are interested in commissioning a house portrait or illustration so that we can discuss the current delivery schedule. A 50% deposit is required to begin the painting. We will both sign a Commission Sales Agreement. The deposit is non-refundable once the sketch is approved.
2. I work from photos either taken by you, or if you are within 15 miles of Maplewood NJ, I can visit to take the photos.
A few angles taken on a sunny day are best.
3. Also some photos showing details are helpful.
4. We will discuss color, season, and if anything needs to be changed... ie; shrubbery filled in, a lampost or mailbox that may need to be moved or not included in the painting.
5. Once the season, view of your house, and general color choices have been discussed and established I will make a pencil sketch for your approval. You can request changes at this time.
6. When you have approved my sketch, then I will transfer the drawing to watercolor paper and begin painting.
7. When the painting is in underway I will email you a picture to see how it looks, and you can request any adjustments at that time.
8. When the painting is ready the final payment will be due. Upon receipt of the final payment I will ship the finished portrait via Priority Mail.
9. Average completion time is 2-3 weeks depending on the current schedule.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquiry about the current time schedule or with ANY questions prior to your purchase.